Finger protection for sheaves and pulleys
Product conforms with harmonised requirements according to DIN EN 81-20 par. 5.5.7. Allows protection of fitters working at or near sheaves and pulleys.
Left and right variants are available.
Galvanised steel, 4 mm, laser-cut, high variability in height and width thanks to telescopic design, fixing material included.
525 mm - maximum height
150 mm - maximum sheave width
Supplied as a kit with this mounting material:
- 3 slide clamps
- 8 screws and nuts M6x20 M6x20
- 16 washers M6
- 7 screws M5x10
- 7 washers M5
Extension parts to increase the height of the finger protection to 675 mm and to allow the covering of sheaves of max. up to 220 mm width available upon request.
- Telescopic design allows working with one product in different scenarios which reduces planning time and expenses.
- Fast installation (approx. 20 minutes per protection) leading to time and cost savings.
- The product protects solely the critical danger points. Fitters are not unnecessarily limited in their handling during maintenance work.
- Guaranteed optimal sight and access to all parts which have to be checked.
- No need for dismantling during inspection work.
- Accessories available in case of critical fixing ground or for special measures.
- TÜV-conformity declaration according to EN81-1:1998, § 9.7 in place.
The installation has to be carried out in a way ensuring the following points:
- max. 5mm space allowed between sheave/ropes and finger protection
- max. 4mm space allowed between lateral finger protection and sheave/pulley
- min. 5mm overlap of lateral finger protection and sheave/pulley
- min 90° angle between finger protection (telescopic U-section) and sheave/pulley surface
The finger protection starts at approx. half height of the sheave in case of vertically running ropes.
It starts at approx. two thirds of the sheave height in case of diagonally running ropes.
|23102015001||Finger protection 525/150-01, left|
|23102015002||Finger protection 525/150-01, right|
|23104396801||Extension part for finger protection, left|
|23104396802||Extension part for finger protection, right|
|231999006||Extension part for sheave widths up to 220 mm|